A regular cycle of each woman occurs every 28 days and last for 4 to 7 days. The range of cycle can vary around 21 to 35 days and depends on age which means young girl experiences menstrual cycle somewhere till 45 days while middle-aged women have less frequent menstruation than usual.
From the first day of a period at the age of 12 or 13 years old till the onset of menopause, women all get used to the strange discharge coming out from their body. Each discharge has its message to tell you about your health status. Monitoring discharge around the period gives you more chance to check up your health regularly.
There are two typical types of discharge that most women meet in their menstruation lifetime: white discharge and brown spot. Let's discover all two kinds of discharge before period and find out the meaning behind.
Because each woman has their own period cycle time, it's not easy to define the timing before period. But mainly before period, there is an amount of production from vaginal mucus which contains bacteria and exfoliated endothelial cells- representation of normal vaginal microflora.
Moreover, the amount of discharge is up to the stage of cervical mucus production. The secretion process is regulated by the proportion of estrogen and progesterone volume which are known as hormones for menstruation cycle.
The duration of each period is divided into six stages, and we will follow these stages to indicate what is happening to your body when you have white discharge before period.
• Stage 1: The "dry day" right after finishing menstruation. It is called dry because there is no estrogen appearance on these days. The discharger's mission will not be fulfilled as protecting the vaginal lining, environment and contributing to fertilization; therefore, conception ability is nominal, too. Precisely, formed mucus creates an ideal condition for the sperm cells to promote successful encounter of ovum and sperm.
• Stage 2: After finishing the dry day, thick white discharge which is appropriate for fertilization. This thick discharge is completely normal as appearing at the end and beginning of every menstruation cycle.
• Stage 3: In another next day, the structure of discharge gets softer and appears in the form of white milky discharge.
• Stage 4: Profuse liquid discharge is contained in this stage
• Stage 5: Egg white stage a sign that ovulation is happening. In some case, white milky discharge could indicate that you are pregnant. Primarily, this kind of discharge does not combine any scent which means odorless or very mild odor.
• Stage 6: White discharge gets thicker since conception does not occur and the ovum leaving follicle.
However, it does not usually follow the right orbit. Sometimes, an admixture of vaginal discharge, bad odor, changes inconstancy and intensity of the production along with skin irritation are distinct symptoms of a convinced pathology. These are four primary deviations you should notice.
• Curdy discharge: The presence of fungal infection is the main cause of curdy discharge before period. Candida fungi are accessible in various organs and systems which lead to discharge with acid, smell like pus, significant swelling and reddening vaginal mucous membrane.
• Creamy, stinky discharge: The vagina can be affected by the imbalance of microflora which develops in the setting of immune deficiency. In this case, fishy smell and irritation in the sexual organ happen.
• Bubbly discharge: Trichomoniasis, a sexually contracted disease, might be the main cause of foamy discharge.
• Translucent watery discharge: Tubal pathologies such as ectopic pregnancy and cancer will accompany with clear watery discharge. In some case, blood can be seen in the discharge and combined with pain in the vaginal area.
The vaginal discharge appears in white or transparent form and thick or creamy structure. But is it ok if the discharge turns brown? There are a lot of explanations for this phenomenon, and most of them are harmless to your body.
The uterus's lining expels due to the failure of pregnancy leads to menstruation, usually. Old blood, nutrients, tissues remain, and endometrial lining is the main production of menstruation. And in some case, the cycle has not adequately completed which leaves a small amount of lining in the uterus. It's time for your body to expel lining. But the lining is "old" and turns brownish color instead of red or pink, that's the reason why you have the brown spot before period. Or else, the nutrients go out before the endometrial lining and causes brown color discharge adhering to your underwear layer. But don't worry, this stuff happens naturally. Your body still functions well.
Endocrine plays an important role in controlling your period and its constancy. 25 percent of all cases indicate that hormonal imbalances are the leading cause of discolored discharge before period. There are also a lot of different factors that affect the endocrine excretion.
These pills affect directly on female hormones which leave side effect on your body. Girls, who have irregular menstruation cycle, use birth control pills to control and keep the hormone level back to normal. But in case you use contraceptives because of its real aim: avoid pregnancy after having sexual intercourse, brown discharge before period is one of its side effects.
The progesterone- an important hormone in charge of menstruation and pregnancy continues to drop that leads to brown discharge during the initial stage of perimenopause periods. Women experience shortening of the average menstrual cycle and irregular bleeding as signs of pre-menopause. Other symptoms of night sweat, sleep disorder, vaginal dryness, mood swings are the real indication of menopause in women from age 40- 50 or even younger.
The structure and elasticity of uterine, as well as vagina in each woman, are different. In some case, the minor injury which happens because of aggressive intercourse or Pap test can cause mild bleeding. But the blood stays in the uterine or cervix longer due to its small amount, and after few days, brown discharge as a result of bleeding inside uterine happens. Bleeding and bacteria elimination are also caused by infection and lead to brown discharge.
When You Are Attempting to Conceive, and You See Brown Discharge Before Period, What Does It Mean?
It can be a sign of pregnancy. Twenty-five percent of women are trying to realize brown discharge just a few days before their expected period. It can be called "implantation bleeding" when a fertilized egg adheres to the lining of the uterus.
As you see, almost types of discharge before period is harmless to your body, some of them even prove that your reproductive system functions well. But monitoring the changes is still highly recommended for you.